Sunday, February 2, 2014

I'm not a smart man, but I know what love is

“Mawwage is what bwings us togevah today”, or more specifically what Paul writes about it in 1 Corinthians. Paul tells the people of Corinth that marriage is a holy commitment, which cannot simply be dissolved without consequences “A wife is not to depart from her husband.11 But even if she does depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife.

Paul also speaks of the benefits of being single. Because a man is not “bound to a wife”, he has time to focus on God and his own spirituality. I believe that we grow the most in our single life, and that the time I spend learning more about who I am in God, will make me a better husband to my future wife
.
American culture, on the other hand urges us to find our identities and worth in other people. So many search for a relationship that will make them good, or go into a relationship thinking “how much can I get out of this person?”  Mat 7:6 “Do not give that which belongs to God to dogs. Do not throw your pearls in front of pigs. They will break them under their feet. Then they will turn and tear you to pieces.I encourage all young people to wait for someone who value them and seek to glorify God.


High school dating is not evil, I think it can be helpful to find qualities you either want or don’t want in a spouse, but it can bring you closer to temptation. Our culture tells us to find someone you find attractive and spend every waking second with that person, but Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. So we should be looking for a partner not for their looks (although it does help), but for their character.

No comments:

Post a Comment